The Kick-off Meeting of the Agro-Food Quality Network of the Euroregion Pirynees-Mediterranean project took place on March 10th, 2021 virtually. This meeting is the launching of the project in which the partners have jointly reviewed the activities, phases, calendar and budget for the correct implementation of the project and some suggested improvements were made.
The main objective of the project is to strengthen the innovative ecosystem of the agri-food sector on a Euroregional scale. To achieve this goal, the project includes:
– The organization of a quality food congress to discuss topics of interest to the sector
– A B2B session (be to be) to promote the emergence of new collaborations and innovative projects
– An initiative to recognize the euroregional collaboration with a greater innovative component.
– The participation in forums such as the Catalan Food Forum and the REGAL Food Quality Fair (Occitania Region) to give visibility and continuity to the network.
The consortium that will implement the project is made up of
1) BIOIB, which works with the regulatory councils to open its scope to the agri-food sector.
2) IRQUALIM, which brings together all the agricultural and agri-food agents of the Occitania region around the development and support of official quality and origin procedures (PDO, PGI, Label Rouge, STG and organic farming).
3) PRODECA, which, in coordination with the business associations, entities and organizations of the agri-food sector in Catalonia, works on the commercialization and improvement of the competitiveness of the products of this sector. As associated partners, there is the Mallorca Oil Designation of Origin, the Pla i Llevant Protected Designation of Origin and the Protected Geographical Indication Sobrasada de Mallorca.